Non-resident rate payers in Greater Shepparton must apply for Council support to prepare property for an emergency

Greater Shepparton City Council advises all rate payers in the municipality, resident or non-resident, they have an obligation to prepare their property in the event of an emergency such as flood or fire.

With current COVID-19 restrictions limiting travel from metropolitan Melbourne to regional Victoria, the State Government recently announced those living in metropolitan Melbourne, but who own a property in regional Victoria are able to travel to prepare their property for emergency, if they applied for and were granted a letter of support from their local Council.

To travel for this reason, non-resident rate payers in Greater Shepparton must apply for a letter of support from Greater Shepparton City Council for the sole purpose of preparing their property for an emergency.

This form will need to be on-hand for any non-residential rate payers when they travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.

If you own a property in Greater Shepparton but live in metropolitan Melbourne, and wish to apply for a letter of support from Council, please visit Council’s website here.

It is the responsibility of every property owner and occupier to ensure that their property is maintained in a safe and tidy manner that is of no detriment to neighbouring properties.

Properties should be well maintained and should not have excessive vegetation, be a haven for vermin/insects, or have dangerous goods stored on their property.

If you wish to report a property that may be unsightly or dangerous, please contact Council. Community Rangers attend and inspect properties to ensure that properties are maintained in accordance with the Local Law.


Want to get the latest news and events in your Facebook feed?
Just go to our Facebook page and click the Like button.