Ardmona Resource Recovery Centre is located on the corner of Midland Highway and Turnbull Rd, Ardmona.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - 8.00am - 4.15pm*
Sunday - 9.00am - 4.15pm*
* 4.15pm: Last transaction
4.30pm: Gates close
Telephone on 03 5825 2214 or 03 5832 9700
Recyclables accepted free of charge (domestic quantities only):
- Car batteries
- Car bumpers
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Household recyclables (glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Paper and cardboard
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
Recyclables which are charged for:
- Air conditioners
- Brick waste
- Commercial quantities of cardboard
- Electrical waste (for example, TVs, DVD players, computers)
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Garden waste
- Mattresses (all sizes)
- White goods
Mulch can be purchased (see pricing).
Council is able to offer residents and businesses disposal of electrical and electronic equipment recycling service. E-waste includes all home entertainment components, including TVs and DVD players, computer equipment, including monitors and printers, office electronics and most items that can be plugged in and switched on.
White goods (large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines) are not included in this waste category.
Petroleum Oil Recycling
Petroleum-based oil and containers from householders only - no container may be over 20 litres.
- Engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils
We do not accept:
- Tallows or fats (cooking oils)
- Anything with a flash point below 63 º Celsius (eg metho, kero etc.)
- Cutting oils