Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 8.00am - 4.15pm*
Sunday / Public Holidays: 9.00am - 4.15pm*
* 4.15pm: Last transaction, gates close at 4.30pm
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday.
Telephone on (03) 5825 2214.
Items Accepted for FREE
- Batteries (household & car)
- Car bumpers (max 2 - all metal and screws removed)
- Cardboard (domestic quantities, clean and flat-packed)
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Monday-Friday from 9.00am to 2.00pm.
- Maximum of 100 drums per visit.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Petroleum-based oil and empty containers (under 20 litres)
Includes engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils. Does not include cooking oils, cutting oils, flammables or anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene).
- Polystyrene (domestic quantities)
- Household recyclables (paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
- E-waste items (including toasters, hair dryers, alarm clocks, lamps, iPads, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and accessories, electronic toys, power tools, irons and other small electrical items.)
Items Accepted for a COST
- Air conditioners
- Asphalt (clean)
- Bricks (clay only, not ceramic)
- Cardboard (commercial quantities)
Clean, free of adhesives, dirt or clay. Reinforced is ok, but all reinforcement must be trimmed off the outside of the concrete.
- Electrical waste
Also referred to as "e-waste". This includes all electronic items that can be plugged in/switched on. It is important that these items (for example: TVs, printers, computers) are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Landfill waste
- Mattresses (including mattress bases)
- Pallet wood (commercial quantities)
- Polystyrene (commercial quantities)
- Roofing tiles (clay only, not ceramic)
- White goods (for example: fridges and washing machines)
Items NOT Accepted
- Asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- Cement sheets
- Ceramic tiles
- Cooking oils
- Cutting oils
- Flammables, and anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene)
- Paint (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
Please try to avoid mixing your load, otherwise you will be charged for general waste rather than the individual material types.