Ardmona Resource Recovery Centre is located on the corner of Midland Highway and Turnbull Rd, Ardmona.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - 8.00am - 4.15pm*
Sunday - 9.00am - 4.15pm*
* 4.15pm: Last transaction
4.30pm: Gates close
Telephone on 03 5825 2214 or 03 5832 9700
Recyclables accepted free of charge (domestic quantities only):
- Car batteries
- Car bodies
- drumMUSTER (chemical containers under 20L)
No more than 20 containers per booking.
Bookings required. Contact 03 5832 9700.
- Paper and cardboard
- Silage Wrap (Must be baled, no loose wrap)
Recyclables which are charged for:
- Commercial quantities of cardboard ($8 a metre)
- Garden Organics ($40 per cubic metre, but an equivalent volume of mulch can be taken free of charge)
- Hard plastics (Excluding PVC)
- Heavy and light steel
- White goods
Mulch can be purchased for $7.00 per cubic metre
Council is able to offer residents and businesses disposal of electrical and electronic equipment recycling service. E-waste includes all home entertainment components, including TVs and DVD players, computer equipment, including monitors and printers, office electronics and most items that can be plugged in and switched on.
- Minimum charges $3.00
- Per cubic meter $6.00
White goods (large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines) are not included in this waste category.
Oil from householders only - no container may be over 20L.
- Engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils
We do not accept:
- Tallows or fats (cooking oils)
- Anything with a flash point below 63 º Celsius (metho, kero etc.)
- Cutting oils