- Monday to Saturday: 8.00am - 4.15pm (see below)
- Sunday / Public Holidays: 9.00am - 4.15pm (see below)
- CLOSED: Christmas/Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday
Please note: Last transaction is at 4.15pm, gates close at 4.30pm.
Click here for opening hours for the Resale Shop.
Telephone on (03) 5832 9348.
Items Accepted for FREE
- Household batteries
- Car batteries
- Car bumpers
- Cardboard (domestic quantities)
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Monday-Friday from 9.00am to 2.00pm.
- Maximum of 100 drums per visit.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Petroleum-based oil and empty containers (under 20 litres)
Includes engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils. Does not include cooking oils, cutting oils, flammables or anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene).
- Polystyrene (domestic quantities)
- Household recyclables (paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
Items Accepted for a COST
- Air conditioners
- Asphalt (clean)
- Bricks (clay only, not ceramic)
- Cardboard (commercial quantities)
Clean, free of adhesives, dirt or clay. Reinforced is ok, but all reinforcement must be trimmed off the outside of the concrete.
- Electrical waste
Also referred to as "e-waste". This includes all electronic items that can be plugged in/switched on. It is important that these items (for example: TVs, printers, computers) are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Landfill waste
- Mattresses (including mattress bases)
- Pallet wood (commercial quantities)
- Polystyrene (commercial quantities)
- Roofing tiles (clay only, not ceramic)
- White goods (for example: fridges and washing machines)
Items NOT Accepted
- Asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- Cement sheets
- Ceramic tiles
- Cooking oils
- Cutting oils
- Flammables, and anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene)
Please try to avoid mixing your load, otherwise you will be charged for general waste rather than the individual material types.
The Resale Shop is a great place to take any unwanted household items that are still in good, usable condition, such as couches, bikes and kids toys. Alternatively, it’s a great place to visit on the weekend to pick up a bargain and play your part in the reuse / recycle revolution!