- Monday to Saturday: 8.00am - 4.15pm (see below)
- Sunday / Public Holidays: 9.00am - 4.15pm (see below)
- CLOSED: Christmas/Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday
Please note: Last transaction is at 4.15pm, gates close at 4.30pm.
Click here for opening hours for the Resale Shop.
Telephone on (03) 5832 9348.
Items Accepted for FREE
- Batteries (household & car)
- Car bumpers (max 2 - all metal and screws removed)
- Cardboard (domestic quantities, clean and flat-packed)
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Monday-Friday from 9.00am to 2.00pm.
- Maximum of 100 drums per visit.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Paint (max 10 litres, Shepparton only)
- Petroleum-based oil and empty containers (under 20 litres)
Includes engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils. Does not include cooking oils, cutting oils, flammables or anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene).
- Polystyrene (domestic quantities)
- Household recyclables (paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
- E-waste items (including toasters, hair dryers, alarm clocks, lamps, iPads, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and accessories, electronic toys, power tools, irons and other small electrical items.)
Items Accepted for a COST
- Air conditioners
- Asphalt (clean)
- Bricks (clay only, not ceramic)
- Cardboard (commercial quantities)
Clean, free of adhesives, dirt or clay. Reinforced is ok, but all reinforcement must be trimmed off the outside of the concrete.
- Electrical waste
Also referred to as "e-waste". This includes all electronic items that can be plugged in/switched on. It is important that these items (for example: TVs, printers, computers) are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Landfill waste
- Mattresses (including mattress bases)
- Pallet wood (commercial quantities)
- Polystyrene (commercial quantities)
- Roofing tiles (clay only, not ceramic)
- White goods (for example: fridges and washing machines)
Items NOT Accepted
- Asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- Cement sheets
- Ceramic tiles
- Cooking oils
- Cutting oils
- Flammables, and anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene)
Please try to avoid mixing your load, otherwise you will be charged for general waste rather than the individual material types.
Recycled Products For Sale
Greater Shepparton City Council has a variety of second-hand and recycled products for sale at our Resale Shops, which are part of our Resource Recovery Centres. Click below to see what's on offer - you might also find a bargain or two!