The Murchison Resource Recovery Centre is located on the corner of Old Whroo Road and Cassidy Road.
Wednesday and Sunday afternoons (including public holidays) from 1:00pm - 3:45pm*
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday.
* 3.45pm: Last transaction; 4.00pm: Gates close.
Telephone on 0427 848 170
Recyclables accepted free of charge (domestic quantities only):
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Household recyclables (glass, plastics, tin aluminium)
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Paper and cardboard
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
Recyclables which are charged for:
- Commercial quantities of cardboard
- Electrical waste (for example, TVs, DVD players, computers)
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Mattresses (all sizes)
- White goods
Council is able to offer residents and businesses disposal of electrical and electronic equipment recycling service. E-waste includes all home entertainment components, including TVs and DVD players, computer equipment, including monitors and printers, office electronics and most items that can be plugged in and switched on.
White goods (large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines) are not included in this waste category.