The Murchison Resource Recovery Centre is located on the corner of Old Whroo Road and Cassidy Road.
Wednesday and Sunday afternoons from 1:00pm - 3:45pm*
* 3.45pm: Last transaction
4.00pm: Gates close
Telephone on 0427 848 170
Recyclables accepted free of charge (domestic quantities only):
- Glass bottles and jars
- Paper and cardboard
- Silage Wrap (must be baled, no loose wrap)
- drumMUSTER (chemical containers under 20L)
No more than 20 containers per booking.
Bookings required. Contact 03 5832 9700.
Recyclables which are charged for:
- Commercial quantities of cardboard - $8 a metre
- Garden Organics ($40 per cubic metre, but an equivalent volume of mulch can be taken free of charge)
- Hard plastics (Excluding PVC)
- Heavy and light steel
- White goods
Mulch can be purchased for $6.00 per cubic metre.
Council is able to offer residents and businesses disposal of electrical and electronic equipment recycling service. E-waste includes all home entertainment components, including TVs and DVD players, computer equipment, including monitors and printers, office electronics and most items that can be plugged in and switched on.
- Minimum charges $3.00
- Per cubic meter $6.00
White goods (large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines) are not included in this waste category.