Congupna was identified as a Township within the Greater Shepparton Housing Strategy 2011, which has the capacity to grow and offer a rural lifestyle alternative.
Council has appointed SPIIRE Australia Pty Ltd to prepare the Congupna Framework Plan. The project draws on previous work undertaken by Council and the community for the Greater Shepparton Townships Plan Review 2018, the Congupna Community Plan and the Greater Shepparton Housing Strategy 2011.
The objectives of the Plan project are to cater for:
- the sustainable expansion of the township of Congupna while ensuring accessibility by pedestrians, cyclists, public transport and motorists;
- appropriate densities for residential development for land in the Congupna settlement boundary within a 30 year timeframe (until 2050);
- effective pedestrian and cyclists linkages and high level recommendations on infrastructure required to accommodate it;
- consideration of the impact of the possible provision of reticulated services to the township of Congupna;
- create a coherent residential expansion framework for Congupna that does not negatively impact upon the existing township character of the area;
- identify suitable locations for the provision of dedicated public open space and sites capable of hosting drainage and/or stormwater infrastructure;
- high level comments on the development opportunities and constraints afforded by the future Goulburn Valley Highway Shepparton Bypass and what other upgrades to the local and arterial road network would be required;
- identify significant stands of native vegetation within the study area and include measures for their protection; and
- possible contribution of new development to infrastructure upgrades.
Council and SPIIRE Australia Pty Ltd conducted a pre-draft drop-in community consultation session on 19 September 2019 at the Congupna Community Hall. Council and SPIIRE are currently considering responses and submissions received, which will be used to formulate the Draft Framework Plan.
The community will have a further opportunity to provide feedback once the Draft Framework Plan is completed in early 2020.
For more information, please contact Council’s Building and Planning Department on (03) 5832 9730.