The Growth Plan sets a vision for the future of the Shepparton and Mooroopna for the next 30 years.
The Growth Plan will be used to manage growth in the Shepparton and Mooroopna areas, guide land development, identify key projects and provide guidance on future investment decisions.
The Growth Plan:
- sets out the future vision for Shepparton, Mooroopna and Kialla;
- guides sustainable future growth and development over the next 30 years;
- identifies the steps needed to manage growth;
- defines key projects and infrastructure required to support growth; and
- provides an improved and more certain environment for making both public and private investment decisions.
Download the Growth Plan
Given the constantly changing nature of supply and demand, particularly in regional cities and rural areas due to COVID-19, Council officers are consistently monitoring land supply and demand to ensure Greater Shepparton’s residential and industrial land supply needs can be met. As part of the Urban Development Program, Council will undertake a residential and industrial land supply review in May 2021.
A planning scheme amendment will be prepared to implement the findings of the Growth Plan into the Planning Scheme.
If you have any questions for the project team, please call the Building Planning and Compliance Department on 03 5832 9700.
Shepparton and Mooroopna 2050: Regional City Growth Plan – Conversation Report Additional Community Consultation