Congupna was identified as a Township which has the capacity to grow and offer a rural lifestyle alternative in the Greater Shepparton Housing Strategy 2011.
Council has appointed SPIIRE Australia Pty Ltd to prepare the Congupna Framework Plan. The project draws on previous work undertaken by Council and the community for the Greater Shepparton Townships Plan Review 2018, the Congupna Community Plan 2013 and the Greater Shepparton Housing Strategy 2011.
The objectives of the Plan project are to cater for:
- the sustainable expansion of the township of Congupna while ensuring accessibility by pedestrians, cyclists, public transport and motorists;
- appropriate densities for residential development for land in the Congupna settlement boundary within a 30 year timeframe (until 2050);
- effective pedestrian and cyclists linkages and high level recommendations on infrastructure required to accommodate it;
- consideration of the impact of the possible provision of reticulated services to the township of Congupna;
- create a coherent residential expansion framework for Congupna that does not negatively impact upon the existing township character of the area;
- identify suitable locations for the provision of dedicated public open space and sites capable of hosting drainage and/or stormwater infrastructure;
- high level comments on the development opportunities and constraints afforded by the future Goulburn Valley Highway Shepparton Bypass and what other upgrades to the local and arterial road network would be required;
- identify significant stands of native vegetation within the study area and include measures for their protection; and
- possible contribution of new development to infrastructure upgrades.
The perspectives and experiences of the community are an important component of the Framework Plan, to guide its vision to 2050. Council are inviting residents and other stakeholders to drop in for a chat with Council officers and SPIIRE Australia Pty Ltd consultants:
5.00 to 7.00pm on Thursday 19 September 2019 at
Congupna Community Hall,
Congupna Recreation Reserve,
Katamatite-Shepparton Main Road, Congupna
Comments can also be made by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to:
Greater Shepparton City Council
Locked Bag 1000,
Shepparton VIC 3632
- Filling in the form below.
The community will have a further opportunity to provide feedback once the Draft Framework Plan is completed.
For more information, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Team on (03) 5832 9730.
Have your say
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.