How to apply
Please read the Guidelines and FAQs below before submitting an application.
This grant will close on Sunday 17 March 2024 at 5pm.
To apply: Visit Council's SmartyGrants portal
For any questions about this grant, please contact Council on (03) 5832 9594.
About the grant
This funding program has three components:
An organisation/group cannot obtain funding in more than one category at the one time.
Sports Aid will provide funding between $500 and $1,000 (without matching contributions) for the following types of projects:
- Projects that provide support to new and developing sporting organisations;
- Projects for special access and/or participation projects (that have not been tried before) i.e. a junior program to attract more members or a program that targets a specific group that have not been involved before with the organisation; and/or
- Planning initiatives that address the future sport and recreation needs of the club/organisation i.e. strategic or business plan, facility plan or detail design work on a facility improvement.
Women and Girls
Women and Girls will provide funding towards programs that increase
opportunities for women and girls in sports clubs for development programs or training between $500 and $1,000 (without matching contributions) for the following types of programs:
- Leadership development programs including governance and leadership programs or training.
- Development programs aimed at increasing participation skills or official accreditation/training e.g. female football umpires course, netball umpires courses for junior girls.
Junior and Youth Participation
Junior and Youth Participation will provide funding towards initiatives to
increase participation in sport for teams/sport for young people aged between eight and eighteen years of age where a significant decrease in participation has occurred over the previous 1-3 years, for between $500 and $1,000 (without matching contributions) for the following types of projects:
- Development programs or skills training to assist the engagement of junior and youth participation in community sport where participation has decreased (decreased participation levels to be demonstrated)
- Purchase of uniforms to help increase participation in junior and youth aged teams where participation has significantly decreased (decreased participation levels to be demonstrated with evidence provided from State Sporting Association’s or Leagues).
For further information on the Our Sporting Future Program, please contact Council's Sporting Clubs Officer on (03) 5832 9754.
Our Sporting Future – Round Two 2023-2024
- 1 February 2024 at 9am Applications Open
- 17 March 2024 at 5pm Applications Close
- March - April 2024 Collate and Assess Applications
- May 2024 Notify all applicants of outcome
- May 2025 Acquittal Due