The Growth Plan will be a high-level and broad strategy that:
- sets out the future vision for Shepparton and Mooroopna;
- guides sustainable future growth and development over the next 30 years;
- identifies the steps needed to manage growth;
- defines key projects and infrastructure required to support growth; and
- provides an improved and more certain environment for making both public and private investment decisions.
The Growth Plan will be used to coordinate, guide and inform the preparation and consideration of future, more detailed local plans, planning scheme amendments and planning permit applications.
A Key Issues and Opportunities Report has been prepared based on a review of a range of existing Council documentation and consultation with key stakeholders. The purpose of this document is to highlight the key issues and opportunities to the community and other stakeholders to help inform their submissions. This will aid in the development of a draft Growth Plan later in 2019.
At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on Tuesday, 19 February 2019, Council resolved to receive and note the Shepparton and Mooroopna 2050: Primary School Engagement Report October 2018 and to authorise for exhibition the Shepparton and Mooroopna 2050: Regional City Growth Plan - Key Issues and Opportunities Paper, February 2019 for public comment for a period of four weeks, commencing on 22 February 2019 and concluding on 25 March 2019.
Feedback in response to the Key Issues and Opportunities Report will be used to inform the preparation of a draft Growth Plan. The community will have a further opportunity to provide input once the draft Growth Plan has been developed later in 2019. It is envisaged that the final Growth Plan will be implemented through a future amendment to the Greater Shepparton Planning Scheme in 2020.
If you have any questions for the project team, please call
- Emily Killin at the VPA on 03 9651 9600; or
- Michael MacDonagh at Council on 03 5832 9730.