The DAC gives members of the community a place to raise access and inclusion concerns relating to all people.
The aim of the DAC is to advise Council and make recommendations that ensure people with a disability have access and are included in our community.
The DAC also aims to:
- promote community participation and awareness of disability issues within the Greater Shepparton municipality;
- advocate to Council on disability matters;
- advise on best practice;
- provide advice and recommendations on proposals related to people with a disability; and
- provide advice and recommendations to Council on policy matters relating to people with a disability.
The DAC also has a parking sub-committee that advises Council specifically on issues raised concerning designated accessible parking within the City of Greater Shepparton.
The DAC have a key role in monitoring the implementation of the Greater Shepparton Universal Access and Inclusion Plan 2013-2017 (UAIP), and are instrumental in the review process of the UAIP.
The Committee is made up of members who have a disability, carers, representatives of disability support organisations and a Councillor Representative.
For more information please contact Council’s Access and Inclusion Officer on 03 5832 9700.
Apply to join the Disability Advisory Committee
We're currently looking for people to join the committee. If you're interested, please fill in the form below.
Applications close 5pm Friday March 2 2018.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- Companion Card
- Carer Card
- Accessible Events Guide (PDF)
- Mental Illness Fellowship (MIF)
- International Day of a Person with a Disability (IDPwD)