The DAC gives members of the community a place to raise access and inclusion concerns relating to all people.
The aim of the DAC is to advise Council and make recommendations that ensure people with a disability have access and are included in our community.
The DAC also aims to:
- promote community participation and awareness of disability issues within the Greater Shepparton municipality;
- advocate to Council on disability matters;
- advise on best practice;
- provide advice and recommendations on proposals related to people with a disability; and
- provide advice and recommendations to Council on policy matters relating to people with a disability.
The DAC also has a parking sub-committee that advises Council specifically on issues raised concerning designated accessible parking within the City of Greater Shepparton.
The DAC have a key role in monitoring the implementation of the Greater Shepparton Universal Access and Inclusion Plan 2013-2017 (UAIP), and are instrumental in the review process of the UAIP.
The Committee is made up of members who have a disability, carers, representatives of disability support organisations and a Councillor Representative.
For more information please contact Council’s Access and Inclusion Officer on 03 5832 9700.
- Companion Card
- Carer Card
- Accessible Events Guide (PDF)
- Mental Illness Fellowship (MIF)
- International Day of a Person with a Disability (IDPwD)