The establishment of a Heritage Grants Program was a recommendation of the Greater Shepparton Heritage Advisory Committee.
The Program sought to promote conservation works that improve the physical security or appearance of a place, whilst being respectful of the place’s significance.
Applications for the program closed on 13 October 2017. Council received 32 applications and the caliber of applications was exceptionally high.
At the December 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting, Council resolved to award six grants. Congratulations to the following successful applicants:
- 72 Rea Street, Shepparton
- 19 Dunkirk Avenue, Shepparton (Churchill)
- 98 Morrissey Street, Merrigum (Merrigum Memorial Hall)
- 5455 Goulburn Valley Highway, Moorilim (former St Patrick’s Church)
- 62-64 Hogan Street, Tatura
- 8 Casey Street, Tatura
Council would like to take this opportunity to thank you all grant applicants and wish you all the best with future grant applications.
Please contact the Building and Planning Department on (03) 5832 9730 if you have any queries regarding the Heritage Grants Program.