COVID-19 (coronovirus) updates regarding Council's Immunisation Program
Council is still providing public Immunisation sessions. It is important that families continue with their Child’s Immunisation Schedule, however, the following changes have been implemented to ensure we can reduce the number of people at our sessions and adhere to social distancing measures.
- Bookings are required for all sessions; please call the office on 03 5832 9731.
- We request that just one (1) adult accompanies their child/children to the immunisation session. Please do not bring other family/carers to these sessions.
- If you are unwell (have a fever, cough and shortness of breath), have travelled overseas in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, please do not attend a session. Please contact us to re-schedule your booking.
- The following venues are cancelled until further notice – Lulla’s Children’s Centre, Leslie Gribble Children’s Centre, Patricia Smith Children’s Centre, Tallygaroopna, Katandra West, Dookie, Merrigum & Murchison.
- Immunisation Sessions will continue at Shepparton Senior Citizens Centre, Mooroopna Hub, Riverside Plaza and Tatura Senior Citizens Centre.
- Flu Vaccinations are not available at our sessions at this time; we will provide further information when the vaccine is available.
School Entry Immunisation Certificates
Children enrolling into primary school in Victoria require a school entry immunisation certificate. After your child has completed their 4-year-old vaccine schedule, you can use your child’s immunisation history statement (provided by Medicare – Australian Immunisation Register) as proof of immunisation for childcare or school enrolment.
You can get a copy of your child's immunisation details from Medicare at any time:
- through your Medicare online accounts or Medicare Express App
- by requesting a statement to be sent in the mail
- at your local service centre
- by calling the Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809
Immunisation history statements are only available online, through the Medicare Express App or at a service centre if your child is under 14 years of age.
Children who have immunisation records that are incomplete, missing or who have never been vaccinated, should contact Council's Environmental Health Department on (03) 5832 9731. We can advise on how you can complete your child’s immunisation schedule and/or prepare an immunisation catch-up program, which can be provided for enrolment into primary school.
Council’s Environmental Health department can also provide immunisation records for individuals that have been immunised through a Greater Shepparton City Council immunisation service. Council is not able to provide records of immunisations given by doctors or other providers. Fees apply for individuals 18 years of age and over.
The application form for immunisation records is available for download below.
Learn more about immunisation from the Department of Health website.