In accordance with the Local Government Act 2020 (the Act), Council has adopted its Governance Rules, which give effect to the Governance Principles as outlined in Section 60 of the Act.
The Governance rules will take effect from 1 September 2020, and provide for the following:
- The conduct of meetings of Council and Delegated Committees
- The form and availability of meeting records
- The election of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor
- The appointment of an Acting Mayor
- The Election Period Policy
- The procedure for the disclosure of a conflict of interest by a Councillor or Delegated Committee Member
- The disclosure of a conflict of interest by a member of Council staff when providing advice to Council.
For further information, please contact the Team Leader Governance on (03) 5832 9700.