Property-Specific Flood Advice
Flood advice for your property can be obtained from the Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority. Click here for more information on the GBCMA website.
SES Local Flood Guides
Local Flood Guides has been developed by the SES to provide the community with valuable local information to assist in preparing and responding to the risk of flooding. To download the Shepparton-Mooroopna and Murchison Guides, follow the links below:
Floods and your health
The Department of Health provides a selection of fact sheets on floods including:
- Flood hazards - protecting your health and safety
- Flood - protect yourself from animal and insect related hazards
- Power blackouts - using alternative fuel and electricity generation safely
- Mould and your health / Removing mould at home
- Private water sources in flood-affected areas
- Septic tanks in flood-affected areas
- Food safety and emergency power failure
To access these fact sheets visit the Department of Health website
The Flood Victoria website helps people to understand:
- How and why floods affect you
- What you can do to reduce flood damage
- What is being done to better manage floods
- Where and how to get help before, during and after a flood
Victorian Flood Review
Between September 2010 and February 2011, many Victorian towns and communities were affected by floods that caused widespread damage and loss. Several communities were subjected to successive floods causing repeated damage. On 8 February 2011, Premier of Victoria Ted Baillieu announced the Review of the 2010-11 Flood Warnings and Response. To read further information visit the Victorian Floods Review website.
Australian Red Cross
The Australian Red Cross offers a range of valuable resources designed to help people to better prepare, respond to and recover from emergencies.
Resources are available for households, seniors, people with disabilities, parents of young children, psychosocial preparedness and coping with anniversaries.