Draft Merrigum Community Plan 2018
The Draft Merrigum Community Plan 2018 has been developed from community feedback, led by the Merrigum Community Plan Group, and includes eight actions under the strategic areas of community, environment, business, assets and advocacy.
Community members are invited to provide feedback on the plan, which is available below.
Consultation closes on Monday 16th July 2018.
Merrigum is an attractive small town with a population of 672 and is situated in the heart of the Goulburn Valley 30km west of Shepparton. Its primary industries are fruit growing and dairy farming.
Merrigum’s second Community Plan was endorsed by Council in July 2012
Some of Merrigum’s achievements include:
- Merrigum Hub Commercial Enterprise feasibility study
- Merrigum Recreation Reserve Masterplan endorsed by Council
- Information board
- Merrigum Christmas Party
- Replace town entry signs
- Water play / splash equipment for Merrigum Pool
- Resurfacing of the netball court
- The development of more housing
- An upgrade to the facilities at the Recreation Reserve
- Attract more families to Merrigum and students to the school
The Merrigum Community Plan Steering Committee would love to hear from any community members happy to be involved in the Merrigum Community Plan.
Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2
For further information:
- Sally Horan (Merrigum community contact)
0408 674 097
- Greater Shepparton Community Plan Liaison (Merrigum)
Phone: 03 5832 9498