The main purpose of the Draft Study is to investigate places of heritage significance across Greater Shepparton, with a particular focus on rural areas. The Draft Study identifies 182 places across Greater Shepparton to be of heritage significance including five precincts in Dookie and Murchison.
Public consultation will commence on 24 July 2017 and end on 4 September 2017. If you are an affected land holder and would like to make a submission either supporting, objecting or requesting changes to the Draft Study, please send a submission by post to Draft Greater Shepparton Heritage Study Stage IIC Submission, Greater Shepparton City Council, Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton VIC 3632 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be received in writing by Council no later than 4 September 2017. Council officers will consider all feedback received and may make changes to the Draft Study.
A final study will be finalised in late 2017 and may inform a planning scheme amendment that will seek to apply appropriate planning controls to conserve these places.
Heritage Concepts Pty Ltd and Council officers are available to discuss the Draft Study with you via 20 minute appointments on the following dates:
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-6pm on Thursday, 3 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Friday, 4 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-6pm on Thursday, 10 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Friday, 11 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-6pm on Thursday, 17 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Friday, 18 August 2017;
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-6pm on Thursday, 24 August 2017; and
- 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Friday, 25 August 2017.
To arrange an appointment, please call the Building and Planning Department on (03) 5832 9730.
There may be instances where a site visit is required to finalise the Draft Study. Council officers will contact these land owners during the consultation period.