For all life threatening emergencies call "000".
Every Victorian needs to look at their home and surroundings, assess the risk of bushfire and develop a written Bushfire Survival Plan. This plan details how you will prepare yourself and your home, and helps you decide what to do if threatened by bushfire.
It is important to remember that fire doesn't only threaten people who live in dense bush. Suburban homes were destroyed by bushfire last summer. Embers can travel kilometres ahead of a bush, grass or scrub fire, igniting leaves in gutters, vegetation, fences and other items around the home.
This section of the website has been developed specifically to assist the overall community to access advisory information to prepare, respond and recover from bushfire.
- Greater Shepparton belongs to the Northern Country Fire District. For information on bans, ratings and restrictions, visit the CFA website
- Local Laws - Fires in the Open Air information
- The VicEmergency app is the official Victorian Government app for access to community information and warnings for all types of emergencies in Victoria. Learn more about the app on the CFA website.
- During an emergency event, visit the Fire - Respond page
- What can't I do during Fire Danger Periods and Total Fire Ban?