The population of Dookie is approximately 517 and is situated in a valley between Mt Major and Mt Saddleback 29km from Shepparton. Dookie has distinctive natural features, a mix of community activities for all ages, progressive agricultural production and a viable educations campus.
The Dookie & District second Community Plan and was endorsed by Council in April 2012.
Some of Dookie & District’s achievements include:
- Consultation for the Sugar Gum Tree Sculpture project
- Stage 1 Rail Trail
- Providing events to attract visitors to the area via Dookie Arts projects
Dookie & District’s priorities:
- Mt Major Walking Track
- Next stages of the Rail Trail – Stage 2
- Youth Recreation Spaces – SPOT
- Advocate for waste water treatment
- Advocate for Aged persons housing in Dookie
- Investigate requirements for overnight caravan stays
The Dookie & District Community Planning Steering Committee would love to hear from any community members happy to be involved in the Dookie & District Community Plan.
For further information:
- Janet Batten (Dookie community contact)
Phone: 0412 407 601
- Greater Shepparton Community Plan Liaison (Dookie)
Phone: 03 5832 9506