The small township of Arcadia has a population of 227 and nestles on the Goulburn River 20km south of Shepparton. Arcadia is predominately an agricultural district which includes sheep and cattle production, dairy farming, cereal cropping, an olive grove and cherry orchard as well as a number of hobby farms.
The Arcadia and District Locality Plan was endorsed by Council in September 2014.
Some of Arcadia’s achievements include:
- Completed master plan for the Recreation Reserve
- Upgraded public toilet
- New town entry signage
- Received Mooving Art Cow
Arcadia’s current priorities include:
- Promoting our historical past
- Advocate for inclusion within the NBN rollout
- Garage sale trail or car boot sale
- Improving the Recreation Reserve according to master plan – high priority – formalise car park and lighting
The Arcadia Community Planning Steering Committee would love to hear from any community members happy to be involved in the Arcadia Locality Plan.
For more information, contact the Greater Shepparton City Council Community Plan Liaison on 03 5832 9805 or Arcadia community contact firstname.lastname@example.org.